[b][/b]o.k. I have never had any vehicle down to frame..not a mechanic ...but not afraid to attack with guidance...my issue..i have remove everything on passenger side including backing plate..drivers backing plate not coming because of where inner bearings ride on not sliding off spindle like other side..cant post pic yet forgive my lack of knowledge on name of parts..i don't want to use heat on them or my king pins..ive been using penetrating oil on everything I see for Last three years and mostly paid off. So I also have removed the stop brackets and nuts off king pins and i put nut back on and hit it hoping to loosen rust weld on lock pin. She's on stands and id like to know the the best way to remove the tapered "cup" off spindle without destroying anything and and how to remove them lock pins...i should not use heat right? Also I read article on king pin replacement...says caps must be removed after taking locking clips off the top..i seen nothing on top of or bottom of my king pins it just looks like one solid pin? Knowing how hard some parts are to get im afraid of destroying anything..and to my non mechanic eye the spindle have some nicks but what would I see to make the spindle not useable...am i just paying attention to where inner outer bearings ride? Thanks on any help on how to attack without damaging..