| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,113 Posts1,056,279 Members48,439 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 2 Moderated | | Moderated Joined: Jun 2018 Posts: 2 | Hi, I am a newbie so I hope I am posting this in the right place. I just purchased a 1940 Chevy pickup with what I believe is a 1959 261 replacement block in it ( I pulled all of the numbers off of it that I could find and have been cross referencing) I have no idea what particular transmission I have. Transmission is a 5 speed manual. Weird thing is there is a circular gas pedal centered on the transmission directly in front of the stick shift. This is a restore project that was painted, and reassembly was started but never finished. The engine already had fresh oil in it. They were in the process of converting to 12 volt. It has new wiring harness and an alternator. I squirted some oil into the cylinders since it's been sitting for several years and turned it over with the spark plugs out to see what it would do. It turns over, and it is pumping oil into the external filter housing but the oil gauge registers no pressure whatsoever. I am assuming that they wouldn't have gotten this far into the restore with a motor that was no good, but I don't want to mess anything up before I get very far. My question is, will I register oil pressure when cranking or does it need to run to generate enough pressure to register? The second question involves the crimped oil tube that comes up to the rocker assembly. Someone previously JB welded the oil tube to the rocker cam? I plan on removing the JB weld to see what exactly I am dealing with. I am worried that I have a 235 head on a 261 block and that I am going to have issues with sufficient oil depending upon whatever work has already been done to this engine. Any help with identification of head vs block would be greatly appreciated. https://photos.app.goo.gl/i2VQnDhZ1Pxe7f5a8https://photos.app.goo.gl/T2iBJeWakgtN876D6https://photos.app.goo.gl/gE97fn7E86kB5s5p9https://photos.app.goo.gl/fV61UkRj6gUZTeu17https://photos.app.goo.gl/AYx4JofdwtH3E4n46https://photos.app.goo.gl/ytufNxbfsLCSNJcT9https://photos.app.goo.gl/vBW5HfmtGvpnftRB6https://photos.app.goo.gl/MzvpzNwLvvLnRKzG9https://photos.app.goo.gl/gzps14D6YSmMq6xD6
Last edited by Tiny; 06/20/2018 8:24 PM.
| | |
| |
| |