Originally Posted by DADS50
Yeah, your in a pickel
Even if you determine the number or find in on the import papers ,then what?


Florida must have a process for this
Some states will assign a vin and place it on the vehicle.
Exactly

I had excellent documentation on my trucks, but I had removed the body Suburban's ID plate and used new rivets for attachment of a reproduction plate (carrying the original plate in the glove box). That was OK in New York, but it is a "no no" in NC. Reason: how do they know that my nice new ID plate is original-code for my body/truck?

I had to get a bonded title (but, they have totally denied me any options, if I had not had my documentation). They bonded the title based on depreciated original cost of the truck (they could have required a bond on the present appraised value of the truck). They placed a new VIN tag on my door frame.