What do you guys think? Is he asking too much?

I just looked at a '54 Chevy 5 window truck. The seller is asking $700 negotiable. This has a lot of issues as can be seen in the pictures in my dropbox link below. I didn't take too many pics because it was raining.

The truck is missing the radiator, engine, and transmission - I have a complete transmission though. Also, I have a Ford 9 inch rear end and a V8 motor and automatic tranny that could be used in the truck.

Quick run-down:
1. Rust holes across belt line below rear window.
2. Both front windshield lower corners have rust through. Also, the sheetmetal around the vent in front of the windshield has rust holes
3. All bed panels (except rear fenders) will need to be replaced
4. Grill is too rusty to fix
5. Hood has rust damage to edges and holes down the center where the halves come together. Also, hood has a 3600 emblem on it. Truck has 6 lug wheels.
7. Data plate is missing.
8. No title - seller thought he had the original one until I pointed out it was for a '53 GMC and was from 1965.
9. Gas tank rusted pretty badly
10. All four brake drums and the differential cover are inside the cab.
11. Inner fenders actually look OK, couldn't get under truck due to rain to look at underside of cab.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/nx28sfbwp126ojy/AADw6sCYBGKtG_SSRGihRDqma?dl=0


Last edited by 58limited; 06/10/2018 1:41 AM.

1953 Chevy 3100 Pickup
1954 Chevy 6400 Grain Truck
1957 Pontiac Transcontinental
1958 Buick Limited 2 Dr
1968 Ford Galaxie 500
1974 Ford F-350 Flat Bed (Dump Bed), former Pioneer Seed Truck.

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." ~ Benjamin Franklin