| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
13 members (Otto Skorzeny, Gdads51, TUTS 59, Jon G, Joe H, HandyAndy, greenie-reddy, Simso, 1955 1 Series, Southerntruck, Gib70, 3B, 1 invisible),
123
guests, and
1
robot. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,103 Posts1,056,183 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 111 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2018 Posts: 111 | Before I embark upon cab repairs I am taking advice from members here and rebuilding the rear shackles.
I see there is a need to get a specific height between the rear of the can and the frame and already have shims for that.
However, upon dismantling the rear shackles I am noting 1 or 2 of the 4 bolts that go through the rubber bushings have worn so badly they are out of round. When I tightened them back up with new bushings they would barely rotate even when applying max pressure. The ones that look to be round rotate fairly easily. I am not doing anything more than getting the cab mounted for repairs at this stage so will drill them out and replace with grade 8 bolts.
I guess the question is...I looked at the prices of replacement mounts (!) and am wondering whether the grade 8 bolt route (or other suggestion) is a problem for on-road use or whether I need to simply stump up $220 for replacements?
| | |
| |
| |