OK. I patched the oil pan of the 216 in my last 50 3600 with JB Weld. I first scrubbed it out with degreaser. Then mineral spirits. Then I ran a wire cup brush over all the pitted areas. Then more scrubbing and more mineral spirits. After it was completely dry I mixed up a stiff mixture of JB and coated all the corroded areas, pressing it down into the pits and smoothing it out. After it was cured for a day or two I reinstalled the pan and filled it with oil, and started it up. That was at least 2 years before I sold it. No leaks... I don't know how it's doing now.

Though, I did track the truck to England and communicated with owner a few times in 15 or 16. He was then driving it with the 216...

Your mileage may vary.

Last edited by Frank50; 05/13/2018 2:50 AM.

Professional Novice