Many years ago in another life my brother and I rode Harley choppers. Brother had been tipping a few beers on a road trip to Winfield Kansas. He popped a giant wheelie at a gas station and laid the bike down splitting the gas tank open. The next morning we found a mechanic shop open and the welder agreed to weld the split for us. He closed the petcock and filled the tank with water. When he touched the flame to the crack, the remaining vapors exploded and shot water to the top of the shops 14 foot ceiling, soaking everyone. He never batted an eye. Put the flame to it again and welded up the crack. The weld held up for 25 years until my brother sold the bike. Good times.


Martin
'62 Chevy C-10 Stepside Shortbed (Restomod in progress)
'47 Chevy 3100 5 Window (long term project)
‘65 Chevy Biscayne (Emily)
‘39 Dodge Business Coupe (Clarence)
“I fought the law and the law won" now I are a retired one!
Support those brave men/women who stand the "Thin Blue Line"! Hug a cop!
USAF 1965-1969 Weather Observation Tech (I got paid to look at the clouds)