My bed sides are in very good shape except the area directly behind the angle strips. The metal is heavily pitted along both bed sides in this area and through in more than a few places. Looks like I would have to cut the bottom edges off each bed side just above the angle strip and replace - that is 89" each side of butt welding. I got a buddy who can fab up the bottoms in his metal shop but he told me to expect a lot of work controlling/dealing with warpage over the areas when mig welding them back together. I'm considering new side beds of MAR K as well but pricey. Anybody dealt with this dilemma and have any thoughts on fixing vs replace? Any thoughts appreciated. Love that Mar-K quality BTW.

I'm retired but still overloaded with projects so time still is a factor. Actually I'm busier now than when I was working... wink

Last edited by mapleleaf; 04/24/2018 6:05 PM.