I keep slowly picking away at my list and today I think I burnt up a horn. I have a 6 volt horn installed. I put in a 12 volt relay along with it. I wanted to test it, so I hooked up my wires to the relay, horn and power. Then, I jumped the wire on the steering mast to simulate pushing the horn button. I gave the horn 3 VERY short blasts. Perhaps 1/2 second each, about a second apart with loud HONKS! Then, nothing a click click from the relay. Did I fry something?

Thought I’d ask for help before tackling it alone.
Thanks.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300