Chevyman,

I talked to Rich Sr. at Speedomotive. He asked a lot of questions about desired HP and rpm operating range. He said that they could go through a set of stock rods and guarantee them for 400+ HP / 6000 rpm operation for about half the price of aftermarket if used with a light weight Ross Piston. The OEM rods were made to withstand forces associated with a much heavier stock piston and as such do well with a little work with a lighter aftermarket piston.

They will also bush the small end and get true center-to-center distance nailed to .0005" and put in ARP bolts. Process involves 3 point balance, polishing, shot peening, heat treat and assembly to a set of Ross pistons (which they will order and sell for less than me buying direct). I think I am going to UPS my rods to him, he said he had an extra core that I could have. . . he was glad to help and seemed pretty happy to hear about a 292 getting some attention. smile It wont be 4340, but sounds like it will be good enough for the power I am trying to make and then some. This brings up another set of questions . . . time for a new thread grin