Sounds like you and I are on the same time-line.
I painted the interior and door jambs a couple of months ago, and then re-hung the doors. The jambs I painted all the way out, beyond the latch strikes and beyond the hinges (to the outside of these if that makes sense). When you shut the door, provided your door has the weatherstrip on it, you will see very little of the jamb. on the sides and on the top and bottom. Weatherstrip covers most of the jamb. I did mask all the way around (masking the front jamb is fun with the door hung) all the way out as far as I had painted the jambs. But my truck is gonna be black, so I painted the jambs black. Shot two coats of primer on the exterior this last weekend, and no issues.
My logic is that the jambs should be the same color as the exterior color of the truck, so there isn't a contrast. Interior of my truck is a dark blue, and the windlace rubber separates the jamb from the interior, so you kind of have break there in the colors.
Mike
Last edited by kades51; 03/20/2018 3:16 PM.