| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,111 Posts1,056,244 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Mar 2002 Posts: 9,115 | I just finished replacing all the seals and hoses on my 1951 1 Ton brake system. I did this because I put it together originally over ten years ago. So here are some details of what I found.
The front wheel cylinders were new when I first put it together. They had a little rust in the middle at the bottom under the inlet but otherwise the bores were in good shape. The rubber seals looked new.
The rear cylinders were rebuilt by a professional rebuilder using stainless steel sleeves. The bores looked good with of course no rust. The seals had started to deteriorate depositing rubber material on the piston face and the sides. So I have a theory that the brake rebuilder shop has a large stock of replacement parts sitting on shelves and some may actually be quite old when used. | | |
| |
| |