A couple years ago I posted about trying to figure out my fuel gauge on my 41. I changed to 12 volt and put in a new 12 volt gauge and it wouldn't work, replaced the sender still nothin, sent the stuff back to Jim Carter and they said it was fine. I couldn't figure it out and I asked here a tried some of the suggestions but still nothin. Went over to my buddy's house whose helped me on my truck a lot, and we got to talking about it somehow and ended up taking it out to see if we couldn't find the issue... I had the wires backwards, two years it took me to figure out I had the wires on the gauge backwards! I had been using a dip stick! Talk about feeling like an idiot.. haha


Stovebolter -- the Next Generation
(I'm 20)

1941 Chevy 1/2-ton pickup
"Lucy"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pix on Photobucket

1967 Ford Mustang - "Sally"