Hello everybody,

I recently joined this forum because restoration of my 46 half ton truck is near completion and I still have to check some originality issues. Your member's albums are helpful albeit viewing costs time which could be spent in the workshop. But the weather is not that good currently, no heater in the workshop.
I have been restoring several motorbikes and cars, my flagship project so far has been an electric conversion of a 68 MGB Coupe:
https://mgb-gt-e.jimdo.com
The truck was in quite a good original shape, but nevertheless I had to disassemble everything except the rear axle and the engine, everything that can wear out, was worn out. I try to keep everything original (even some rust holes in the doors), just overhaul the mechanical parts and reuse as many parts as possible. No complete new paint job (in fact I'm conserving the paint with clear coat and a paintbrush!), no stainless bolts, no V8-engine and tranny-swap....
For a first impression, here are two photos:
https://abload.de/img/img_118008svu.jpg
https://abload.de/img/img_180091ssi.jpg

currently I'm working on bedwood (oak, will be flamed, brushed an sealed) and the doors.

Okay, from time to time i will let you know about this project, maybe I create a restoblog or an album...

Sven from Oldenburg, Germany





Last edited by mototreiber; 01/25/2018 10:48 AM.

Best wishes
Sven