Thanks guys.
I did have a specific question about the pedal adjustment. My manual (1946 Chevy cars and trucks) says my pedal should have 3/4"-1" free travel BEFORE removing clutch. My clutch pedal adjusting nuts have already been maxed out (this was the first thing I tried when I suspected the clutch was slipping, only to find out it had already adjusted all the way - toward the 'hook'). Although I do currently have the recommend amount to free play in my pedal, I fear that if I don't set the adjustment near the middle of the adjustment range, I won't be able to adjust it after the clutch is installed.
Seems like I should set the adjustment nuts somewhere in the middle of the adjustment range to allow for tightening or loosening of the clutch pedal to dial it in after the install. I hope that makes sense. Any thoughts? Thanks again.
Also, I suppose I should drain the transmission first?

Last edited by GarlandFarms; 01/18/2018 9:32 PM. Reason: grammer