I have a question regarding the initial start of my rebuilt 235. My rebuilt 235 is positioned on a wooden engine 'cradle' I built using plans from Tech Tips on this site. The 'cradle' is made of treated wood that is screwed together and is outfitted with four lockable casters.

Using this 'cradle' when initially starting my engine, prior to installing it in my truck, what might I expect to happen? What I want to know is, what precautions should I take for the 'cradle' moving when the engine starts? All four casters will be locked and I am considering taking some stronger precautions to prevent movement.

Have any of you Bolters started a 235 engine outside of your truck on a 'cradle' such as this and would you do it again? I don't want to find my engine turned over on the floor of the garage. I have put too much work into it. It will not be connected to any transmission/drive train components. So, it can't go anywhere, can it?

Thanks from John in Raleigh, NC