From what I understand, it’s because of the time since the vehicle was last registered. My truck didn’t come with a vin# but I was able to obtain a motor number that I am told I can use. God only knows how long since that number was in use. I’m supposed to mount that number to the vehicle in the factory location which can be any of 3 places , the engine , the seat frame, or the passenger side floor, according to the internet. My truck didn’t come with a floor, seat, or engine.

If anyone out there knows for sure where Chevrolet mounted the number I would appreciate the information. I’m guessing that the location was variable depending on different factors. Since they mainly used engine codes I would say that is a safe place to mount the tag but I’m using a sbc 350 not the original inline 6. A seemingly obvious difference that the inspector may take issue with.

Any stovebolt members out there with experience in B.C. getting their truck inspected? What was the process like?

Randy


Every time I learn something new, I forget something I used to know, like that time I took a wine making class and forgot how to drive!