Ok so it appears that during the body work of my 'Burb we used later year doors than what came with it. We actually used 4 barns to make 2 good ones.

Since my body had the correct indentation for the contact style switch, but the door had the hole for the plunger style I went ahead and took a cut off wheel and cut the door to accept the contact style plunger switch. Took about 2 hours to get it right but its good to go now.

I did do a search on this but could't find the right info. Maybe I need to work on my search tatics.

Thanks guys for the all of the great info.


~ Phillip
1949 GMC Suburban - 10 year project
1952 Pontiac Chieftain Convertible straight 8 hydramatic
1945 GMC half ton truck - Driver- Sold 9-15-25
1946 Chevy COE - SOLD 1-5-26 BUH BYE CHEVY!
1959 GMC Half ton long bed NAPCO