I just got my large bore 292 exhaust manifold back from the welding shop with a could not fix note on it. Once it was cleaned up it had a spider web of cracks in addition to the big one I took it in for. It was the large (2 3/8 i.d.) exhaust used on the larger trucks with the straight down drop and a 3 bolt flange. I am wondering if anyone knows of a source for a new or used but not cracked large bore 292 exhaust or if folks who are using the smaller (same as a 250 ex manifold are happy with the way the motor exhales. I can get any number of the smaller bore exhausts with a 30 degree sweep to the rear so that is an option but it seems like bigger is better?


1953 Chevy 3600
1966 Chevy C10
1965 GMC 3/4 ton