| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,093 Posts1,056,480 Members48,444 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 Cruising in the Passing Lane | | Cruising in the Passing Lane Joined: Oct 2003 Posts: 5,152 | I'm finally ready to put bullet taillights on my '55 1st Suburban. I've collected four of them over the last couple of years. Today I looked at them and found three of the four have at least one significant problem.
Two of them are missing the little tab on the inside that has a threaded hole for the lens screw to go into to. Has anyone figured out an easy way to replace that tab? One of them part of the rivet is still there, the other has only an empty hole in the shell.
On the third one of the mounting studs is broken. These are small bolts that appear to be swedged (sp?) into place. I don't know how to remove it without causing more problems. Can anyone tell me how I should approach fixing this?
1955 1st GMC Suburban | 1954 GMC 250 trailer puller project | 1954 GMC 250 Hydra-Matic | 1954 Chevy 3100 . 1947 Chevy COE | and more... It's true. I really don't do anything but browse the Internet looking for trouble... | | |
| |
| |