Have all 4 of the new wheels and tires for the truck now. I picked a Hankook A/T tire. Put the front set on and they look good for what they are, at least they are round. Took a look at the other (right side) rear and what a mess. I think it is worse that the left side. Not even worth putting on the new wheels till I get the axle seals resolved.
The bed on this truck is not stock plus it has a hydraulic cylinder and assembly for lifting / dumping.
Thanks JiMerit Boltr#43 for the tie rod information I will keep that in mind! The new wheels I now have clear them just fine. Whoever put the previous wheels and tires on did not check the clearance and closely as I have and they actually scraped the lead some.
Spoke with a brother in laws relative last evening and he knows a couple of guys not far away that are capable and competent and they both have a shop where some of this work can be done. I expect that one thing will lead to another on this old truck including wheel cylinders, brakes, probably the complete brake lines also. Then we'll get into suspension parts...
Dan
Last edited by Daniel B.; 11/08/20172:27 PM. Reason: adding in forgotten thanks