I used dynamat. Yes expensive ($320) but what a difference. My truck goes THUD when I close the doors. I did the firewall, toe board, floor, back wall, roof and doors.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/lcpRZy5ACNZiyRJq2

I didn't put it everywhere but cut it to shapes and laid it down. You can see in the pictures some gaps, but coverage was extensive. Then I layed over top aluminum foil insulation everywhere and wow. The truck sounds solid everywhere.

As for the inside of the doors, I cut the matting into squares and rectangles to avoid the balled up mess I also had on my first attempt. Worked very well in little patches. First road trip I'll let everyone know how she rides and sounds.


1970 Chevrolet C10
Grandpa's -- My first truck -- In progress to shiny
Follow the build in the Project Journal
1950 Chevrolet 1-Ton Dually
"Ole Red Girl"
In the Stovebolt Gallery
More pictures here
1951 GMC 9430 1 ton dually--Shiny! | 1972 Chevrolet C20- Rusty- the puzzle box lid for the C10 | 1962 AMC Rambler American- my wife's
Parts trucks-
1951 GMC 9300 | 1951-GMC 9430 | 1951- Chevrolet 1300