You might not believe this and I don't know anything about how your truck is put together or whether this will work for you but....My buddy drives a '36 Ford truck street rod. The passenger door never fit right. The top and bottom seams were very mismatched. His wife was afraid of the door popping open when they were on the road. You could see the door lift up as it was closing on the striker plate. We had messed with it several times with no luck. Then a friend told him the trick. On older cars and trucks the cab does not sit on the frame exactly. There are blocks of wood between the cab and frame. These "spacers" are used to adjust of all things the gaps in the doors. Think about it...if the spacers are wrong, missing or worn on your cab and someone has tighten the frame to cab bolts to get the sweaks out they may have tweaked your cab so the door doesn't fit right. Yeah, I know it sounds strange but I got a much better fit-up on the front door gaps on a '28 Dodge "shoebox" I worked on later.


Six volt guy living in a twelve volt world