I joined a while back and slowly working on my truck. I have owned it since 1981 and parked it in 1992. I am needing to know what to do with my radiator. It is the original and was bone dry with antifreeze staining on some of the fins. The fins are straight and all looks good. I found all of the original equipment under the seat, jack, handle, lug wrench and the crank starter. Along with a new water pump and an old Texaco oil can unopened. Never knew it was there until I took the seat out, as I am replacing the gas tank. My question to the radiator, the crank fits and turns the engine over. The newer radiators don't seem the have the lower cutout to allow the crank to pass thru. Do I need to just have my radiator reworked using the upper and lower pieces? I might be getting ahead of myself as I have not filled it with water and checked. I need to replace hoses and awaken the engine after its long nap. I admit it looks good to me under the hood, but will replace due to age. I seem to always prepare for the worst, I have bought the heater core for heater. It is the round core .Hope the old one is good, never know after such a long nap. Thanks.


~ William Moore
1950 Chevy 3100
Truck Tuesday Reports
"Bringing 'OId Blue' Back to Life"
Follow this story in the DITY Gallery