Hello there, Bartamos. I went and looked, and I slightly misrepresented the routing of these wires.

Coming out of the firewall are a small wire from the ignition switch to the right-hand side of the ceramic block, and a large wire from the back of the combo-gauge on the dash that displays Gasoline level, Battery charge, Oil pressure, and Temperature, to the lug on the starter that the positive battery cable connects to, with the little cardboard insulator (the switch that gets depressed when you stomp on the starter pedal). This thick wire is a red herring, because it has nothing to do with the junction block, now that I think about it. But the small and large wires coming out of the firewall get bundled together, so my brain misled me, and I misled you.

The left side of the ceramic block has a small wire that goes directly to the coil. So it seems the only wiring on this block is a wire in from the ignition switch and a wire out to the coil. And the latter-day jumper. I’d post a picture, but I think we’re not supposed to embed pics in posts, and I don't have a hosting site.

Hope this helps. And thanks for your help.


DJ
'51 Chevy 3104 1/2-ton 216