Hello all. I have been busy trying to install a Deluxe Heater, in my 53 3100. First hurdle was finding the paint color. As was recommended, I settled on Hammerite, Hammered Bronze, color # 41185. It is slightly lighter than the original. But all in all, pretty close. Put the heater all together, using a NOS Delco, 6 volt blower motor. Installed it in my truck. Wired it all up, flipped the switch and nothing. Checked all my connections. They were all good. At Jerry's (Hotrodlinclon) urging, I took the whole heater back out. Took the motor out that I should have bench tested prior to installing it. But, I thought, hey it's an NOS Delco. What could go wrong? Jerry told me to take the housing apart and spray some electrical cleaner on the brushes. Then spin the shaft, using a cordless drill. Put it back together. Hooked to the battery, and success. Put the whole heater back in. Wired everthing back up. Today I put new heater hoses on. Opened my shutoff valve, off my water pump. Started the engine and waited to see if the heater core, or hose connections were going to leak. Instead, the Heater Control Valve is leaking down the firewall and puddling up on my floor mat. This is a long drug out way of asking, has anybody ever experieced a leaking Heater Control Valve? I take it there are some kind of seals in within the valve. Has anybody torn one apart and successfully rebuilt one? What is my best course of action here?

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rugo


Steve Rugg
53 3100