I can't find anyone who sells new gears for my 49 3600. Was in a barn for almost 50 years and is running really well. Took new wiring, completely rework inside, new fuel tank and pump, and it's awesome. Only problem is I can only drive about 40 mph. I might push it up to 50 but this old 216 most likely won't last long if I do that. I love the fact that is is completely original just like the one I learned to drive in the mid 60's, however I really would like to cruse at 50 or 55 without working the engine so hard?

One guy who seem to know a lot suggested I find a Corporate 14 bolt 3/4 rear end and make sure it was the right width. Is that good advice?

Love my truck. Larry
Attachments
Truck.jpg (212.33 KB, 296 downloads)


1949 3600 216 4 speed (completely original)