| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 20 New Guy | | New Guy Joined: Jun 2014 Posts: 20 | I'm still putting together a '61 235 engine together. I noticed one of the rod bearing 1/2 shells was not lining up (about .030 off) with the other 1/2 shell in the cap (side to side). The cap lines up with the rod perfectly. The hole in the bearing was not lined up with the hole in the rod as well. All other bearings lined up ok. I tried swapping bearing sets but the problem stayed with the rod. Then I started thinking this hole in the connecting rod was an oil passage to the wrist pin. Nope, this hole stops a fraction of an inch into the rod. Inspection of the wrist pin end didn't have an opening for oil either. I'm thinking this misalignment is not a big deal but I am wondering why the bearing and rod has a hole in it. | | |
| |
| |