OK, I found some specifications. The company I'm dealing with is Elgin Industries. They offer a 261/235 Corvette cam (new, not reground) for $117.00. That's approximately half what the resto-ripoff places are charging. The cam I have in hand right now is obviously new- - - -no question about it maybe being somebody's regrind being represented as a new cam. The tech rep I've been talking with says it's currently in production, and they sell 20-30 of them a year. The Elgin part number is E-293-S.

Note: "Elgin Cams" which shows up on an internet search is a different company- - - - -they build costom-specification racing cams.
Jerry


"It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to speak and eliminate all doubt!" - Abraham Lincoln
Cringe and wail in fear, Eloi- - - - -we Morlocks are on the hunt!
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Love your enemies and drive 'em nuts!