| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
1 members (baldeagle),
158
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,110 Posts1,056,241 Members48,437 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 Ex Hall Monitor | | Ex Hall Monitor Joined: Aug 2005 Posts: 6,377 | Good point about the pressure on the core. I put my cutoff on the top hose just because it was easier to get to that way, but I believe I will swap that to the push side and see if that makes a difference. I have a jiggle valve in my thermostat, which replaced one just like it because I wanted to be certain I didn't have a faulty one. There has to be some logical explanation for why the gauge goes to 200 or sometimes higher before that thermostat opens, when the cutoff is closed. If it is open, the temp never goes above 180. Thank you for the responses, very much appreciated. If you look at the photo I posted (click the thumbnail) you can see how I mounted mine. The push side is the top hose. The pull side is the bottom heater hose and the bottom radiator hose.
Save a life, adopt a senior shelter pet. The three main causes of blindness: Cataracts, Politics, Religion. Name your dog Naked so you can walk Naked in the park.
| | |
| |
| |