I'll gladly vouch for how easy it is to just rebuild your original steering box. Most vendors in our Links section carry the *correct* rebuild kits (I got mine from Jim Carter and it came with instructions that made it very easy to do) It's not hard at all, and if you replace worn ball joint ends and king pins while you're at it, the steering becomes very tight and easy.

There is nothing wrong with the original set up, and very easy to make it like new again.

And, as most of these people will be very quick to tell you, I'm no mechanic. So if *I* can do it, then it must be easy.

John



~ John

A kid raised on Hotwheels, Matchbox and Tonka cannot be reasonably expected to own only one vehicle as an adult.

1949 Chevrolet 3804
In the Legacy Gallery | In the Gallery Forum
1973 IH 1310 Dump
1963 Kaiser M38A1
2001 International/AmTran RE3000 "Skoolie"
2014 Ford E-350 4x4 (Quigley)