I've got a few decent leaks, one from the valve cover and one from the oil pan on my 216 (Transmission as well, but that's another time)

I will need to 'adjust' the VC lip a bit, as it seems to be bent up and not allowing for a good seal. While I have the cover and pan off, is there some other maintenance or checks that should be done before reassembly that will make my life easier? The engine runs well and other than playing with the timing, I don't really want to risk screwing it up for something unnecessary. For reassembly, I'm going to stick with the tech tips as there are various opinions in the forums.

Thanks!



1948 Chevy Thriftmaster 3/4-Ton
Poncho "farming" in Ontario
Starting in the DITY
Continuing in the Project Journals
More images

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.