First off, the truck is a 1954 Chevy 3800 with a 235 and a Rochester B Series carburetor. I just rebuilt the carb and after many hours of swearing and cursing the previous rebuilder, it's all back together. Long story short, the big ball went in the float ball instead of the aluminum one and it took way too many hours to undo the previous rebuilders mess. Back to the question, when it all went back together I realized there was a hole in the top section of the carb right by the choke lever. I went through my pictures and it was always there. For anyone that knows, is there supposed to be a hole for a vent or something? I read the Monojet's had vent holes in them. All the pictures I found online don't have the hole in the side, which concerns me.
Thanks for the help,
Joe