| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,076 Posts1,056,280 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 164 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2014 Posts: 164 | My '53 3100 with a 261 has been running perfectly. Earlier today I left it parked with the headlights on for an hour but it started right up and I was on my way. A couple of hours ago I tried to start it and heard a slow crank but it wouldn't turn over. Figuring that the battery was discharged I charged it for a couple of hours. I just tried starting it now and again, a very slow crank and then nothing - until I smelled smoke and saw it coming from the behind the starter. The smoke was coming from the window by the flywheel where the timing marks are. Is the starter shot? Why the smoke from the flywheel? Now what? Thanks!
~Denny 1953 Chevy 3100 w/1960 261 cid, 848 head | Weber 32/36 progressive 2 barrel carb. | Three on the tree & 3:55 torque tube | 12 V w/Gener-Nator & 6 V starter In the Gallery Forum1998 Chevy Suburban 350 ci awd/4wd | | |
| |
| |