| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
7 members (BCBill, Gdads51, Lightholder's Dad, joe apple, Hawkman, greenie-reddy, TUTS 59),
190
guests, and
0
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,176 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 | I use Rotella 15w40 C or diesel rated oil in my 49 216. At one time it had a higher level of ZDDP than std S or gasoline rated oils and still does even though the ZDDP additive has been reduced in all non specialty engine oils as per federal mandate. ZDDP is necessary for flat tappit cam/lifter break in but not as critical once broken in. I'm nearly at 19k miles since I got it running and so far it's still singing like an old Singer sewing machine.
I used Brad Penn for my break in oil in a rebuilt 235. It has the ZDDP additive at a level pre-reduction mandate but will change over to Rotella 10w30 or straight 30 once I install it. I can get a gallon of Rotella 15w40 for what a qrt and a half of Brad Penn costs. | | |
| |
| |