after buying 3 brand new aftermarket temp gauges, none of which worked, I eventually just went to Pre-68 Dave and got a 60 year old gauge, works perfectly. One word of advice, before you actually install the new gauge, try it out in a pan of boiling water or however hot you might want to verify, I had to take the gauge panel out twice. And if the box says "COUNTERPART" I would really be sure to test it. It seems most all vendors have the counterpart brand. I have had horrible luck with them, I bought a gas gauge, and the needle stuck out too far and hit the little window in the gauge panel, I had to pull the needle off and drill out the hole so it would go all the way onto the needle shaft, but not before I had to go to harbor freight and get an assortment of itty bitty drill bits, then I had to rig it up in a spare gauge panel and gas tank sender and a battery to get it oriented properly again.