Hey guys thought I'd throw in my 2 cents worth on the subject... hopefully it will help. I dug around in my 60-66 factory instruction manual as well as my LMC catalog... both resources show where you could mount to the side of the bed OR under the bed between the frame... LMC also offers an in bed mounting kit however this is specifically labeled as after market kit... the only problem i have with trying to understand LMC is that they do not disignate between which location is for stepside and which is for fleetside. I DO know that on my longbed stepside there is not a notch in the stepside fender for the tire because there is adequate space to mount the tire without it... however on short bed stepsides there has to be the notch or else the tire will not fit... unless of course you mount it under the frame.

Hope this helps alittle


Boogity, Boogity, Boogity Let's go racin boys.
Drive fast, turn left. GO #20.

Real trucks where bowties.