I'm getting ready to do my 3k oil change and this time I've got to stop some leaking gaskets. I've used different types of "dope" over the years (black, blue, orange, gasket sealer, gasket maker, silicone, etc.). I was hoping I could find some silicone imbedded gaskets, but haven't found any, and went ahead and got cork gaskets from NAPA. Since my life has been 90% Chevy/GMC, I've had the joy of leaky gaskets no matter what I used, learning early on that "A Chevy will go forever as long as you keep putting oil in it." Anyway, the PO of my truck seemed to have found a pretty good product, and the valve cover hasn't leaked in the 4 years I've had it. But I think it's time to check the valves for adjustment, and the side pan gasket is leaking for sure. I figure I'll just go ahead and do the oil pan and take a look-see to make sure the pan is clean and things are kosher under there. My question is, what do all of you well-informed and seasoned 235 owners recommend for exceptionally good cork to metal sealer? What are your tricks for getting a non-leaker? (Mine is a '56 235, btw) Thanks for any suggestions, and possibly some stories of definitely what NOT to use. Thanks, fellas! Lee Butcher


"When I rest, I rust"
1951 3100 5 window w/ '56 235