| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,115 Posts1,056,633 Members48,450 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Aug 2012 Posts: 1,214 | I don't have a pic which is surprising since I've had the 216 side cover off of my 49 216 3 times. I did replace the line and matched it's placement to the broken line that was in it. I don't know if it was the original line or if it had been replaced before.
Just as the line exits the block in the push rod gallery it needs to make a hard 90 degree bend towards the front of the engine. Run the line just outside of the cyl #4 intake and exhaust push rods then make a 90 degree turn up towards the hole in the head where it will pass and connect to the center section of the rocker shaft. Be EXTREMELY careful when making those 2 90's. The line is soft and bends easily. Also be advised that there is very little clearance between the line and those two push rods and side cover so test fit before final assembly. I replaced the line in-truck and I figured I had close to 4 hrs in the job. Good luck Dave
| | |
| |
| |