Ok, task was completed yesterday. I repaired the hinge by grinding off the top recessed portion of the lower hinge; made a flat rectangle plate (3/16" thick)with a rounded outside edge and welded it in place of the section that was ground off. Drilled the hole straight in the top welded section using the lower (factory made) hole as a guide. Made a new captured nut, (threads were shot in the old one)installed it in the holder after re-bending the frame and securing it with 2 very small spots of weld; one on each tab. I put a 1/2" star washer between the captured nut and the door frame so that the nut pulled into the star washer and the frame when it was tightened. Put new bushings in the center section of the hinge. I installed both hinges as far to the top as possible so that the door latch would not contact the cab or the striker plate. The door closes great with no contact after only 3 times of adjusting the bolts on the hinge section inside the door. Door gap is pretty good when closed. Door closes very well without any contact. I'll post some pictures to dropbox later today.