| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (1955 1 Series, klhansen, John Dlugos, Bill Hanlon, Gray_Ghost, Otto Skorzeny, 2 invisible),
219
guests, and
2
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,101 Posts1,056,179 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 246 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Jan 2016 Posts: 246 | Been doing some reading on my speedometer not working after tranny rebuild. ..The articles I read said the drive gear is pressed on to the main shaft but when I was taking the tranny apart I just pulled the drive gear off with my fingers and when I installed it again I just slid it on. So, if it should be pressed into place, why did I have a working speedo before the tranny rebuild ? The tranny I have is believed by me to be a 318. it has a 4 bolt side cover with the numbers 3686832 GM The main case is stamped 591615. Anyone have any thoughts before i pull this tranny back out while on my back and with the truck on jack stands.????????
1953 chevy 1/2 ton with 3 speed 318 on floor and 1955 235 engine
| | |
| |
| |