Originally Posted by bartamos
If your tail lights work you don't have a big strap problem. Understand you have one housing, one lens with two sockets inside. Each bulb is a single filament NOT a dual filament, correct? I see two power wires enter housing, one from stop switch, one from tail light fuse block. Correct all around.

Please advise: When you test the BRAKE light socket (not the contact) does it have continuity to the tail light socket? The socket is the part that the bulb fits down inside. The part that the bulb case pins touch. Yes. The two sockets have continuity when tested with a meter.


Obviously these two sockets must have continuity, so check that. Touch one socket with one test lead and touch the other socket with the other lead. Any ohm reading is continuity. Set meter to "continuity". If there is continuity between sockets, I resign.

Thanks for trying to help me here. Something weird is going on, I just cannot pinpoint it. Both sockets are grounded, both have power at the appropriate time, but brake light won't light bulb.


This whole thing could be you just need to sand paper the socket wall and the contact terminal. The above tests will tell. Although they looked good, out of desperation, I tried this too, to no avail. I'll figure this out eventually, but it's frustrating the heck out of me at the moment. Thanks again.
[color:#FF0000][/color]