Hi All,

So I haven't had much luck finding a 7.5' bed, at least one in decent condition for my '48 3600. I do like the thought of an all-wood bed, similar to the 'GMC Huckster' and I do have fenders that are passable for now. What I'm looking for now though, would be the Outside Dimensions of a regular 7.5' bed. Specifically the dimension between the rear fenders, where they bolt to the bedsides. I've never had a bed or fenders for that matter on this truck, so nothing to go by.

Also, what would a suitable lumber dimension be to scribe out the wheel 'hump' in the frame, but leave enough strength in the support and also not raise the floor height too much!

Thanks in advanced!

P.S. Yes, I have already received some great details from Rob, the owner of the GMC Huckster!

Last edited by Goach2; 01/15/2017 3:40 AM.

1948 Chevy Thriftmaster 3/4-Ton
Poncho "farming" in Ontario
Starting in the DITY
Continuing in the Project Journals
More images

There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.