Carl, believe me, I have tried!!!!!

Unfortunately, neopreme is an "approved" material for use with ethanol (by our government). Thus the companies that produce the diaphragms have no interest in going with a better material.

Buna N rubber with embedded fiberglass threads is a better material. Unfortunately, to date, I have found no USA supplier that makes the Buna N in a standard thickness for use in the diaphragms. The Buna N manufacturers WILL do a special run, but the cost is just plain astronomical. Perhaps it could be made offshore, but I think most on this forum know my feelings about offshore parts. As long as I own my company, there will be NO offshore parts in my kits.

And even if a special run of the Buna N were made, do not know the exact required thickness. The diaphragm is molded with a steam die, and it would take someone more conversant than me with shrinkage/stretch factors to get it right the first time.

51Bowtie - this forum, like most forums allows each user to display a profile. Clicking on the username for any user will allow access to that information that particular user has provided.

Jon.


Good carburetion is fuelish hot air
The most expensive carburetor is the wrong one you attempt to modify.
If you truly believe "one size fits all," try walking a mile in your spouse's shoes!
The Carburetor Shop