| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | |
8 members (Rustnut, Otto Skorzeny, Gib70, Bisbee, Southerntruck, Gdads51, greenie-reddy, 1 invisible),
97
guests, and
3
robots. | | Key: Admin,
Global Mod,
Mod | | | Forums66 Topics128,079 Posts1,056,300 Members48,441 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 331 Shop Shark | | Shop Shark Joined: Oct 2013 Posts: 331 | I have a running thread already that discusses this topic, but the title is different and the thread got off the original topic.
I recently located and acquired a brand new 5.43 gear set for the H110 axle in my 1950 4100. I purchased it from Inter-Continental Gear and Brake out of Grand Prairie, TX. The description and part number on the box reads as follows:
"H110 Crown/Pinion Ratio 5.43 27 spline GM2352908"
Now - I have no earthly idea where the "27 spline" part comes from as the pinion only has 10 splines on it and so do the axles. All I know is that this gear fit in my axle. The gear set manufacturer is Cobra Gear. The set cost me $395 + shipping.
I have plenty of pictures which I will post up later as soon as I get time to upload them somewhere that will host them.
I have not yet finished the installation. Still waiting on a few gaskets and seals to come in. I'll be sure to update the thread with my road test results. I am hoping to be able to achieve 55mph now!
1950 4100 - unrestored and driven weekly for almost no reason at all.
| | |
| |
| |