| |
Click on image for the lowdown. 
====
| | | Forums66 Topics128,107 Posts1,056,225 Members48,436 | | Most Online14,466 Apr 26th, 2026 | | AD Chevy Trucks Over 6,000 pictures Brad Allen has an awesome collection of Chevrolet factory pictures that he has set up from film strips. Check them out!
Lots of work on Brad's part ... pure enjoyment (and references) for you!
| | THANKS!
For helping keep this great
old truck web site
on the Internet for over 30 years! and not clogged down with Ads! Again, thanks! | | | | Joined: Nov 2016 Posts: 70 'Bolter | | 'Bolter Joined: Nov 2016 Posts: 70 | I rebuilt the carb off my 47 Loadmaster 235. There were a couple of leaks so I figured since I was replacing gaskets, might as well get the rebuild kit. All went well. Put it back on the truck and now there is only one spot leaking. I'll do my best to explain with my limited terminology. The throttle valve has a shaft it connects to that runs through the body and links to the throttle. It really doesn't seal at the ends of the shaft. It just easily slides in to a point and stops, then you screw the butterfly on and that's it. The end without the linkange is where the leak is. I can dump a little fuel in top of the carb and immediately see it start running out. Any ideas? Did I do something wrong? | | |
| |
| |