I have a small block chevy in my 55 second series. I was running it with a 650 four barrel and it was running fine. My bud had a newer tri-power set up with newer Rochester carbs and an Offenhauser intake and I bought it from him. I installed the tri-power and I had it running a couple times. It seemed to be running OK. I recently changed the intake manifold gasket to use one that closed the air port in the middle of the intake. Since then I can not reduce the iddle below 2,250 RPM's.
I found a large vacuum leak in the front carb and a minor leak in the rear. I think the butterflies won't close tight. Can someone please advise me how I can adjust those butterflies? I'm new to tri-power and have not had to deal with vacuum leaks in a carb.

Thanks, Pete