1948 Chevrolet Truck (3100) with 1948 Muncie 420 and driveline is from a 1951 Truck: I removed my driveshaft to install new gaskets on the rear differential.

When I removed the Slip Yoke, it took some considerable tapping to pull it off all the way. Now when I'm trying to re-install it, initially it slides on perfect, but the last 1 inch or so it won't seat all the way in, it is sticking out about 1.5 inches too far, so I cannot join it up to the U-Joint.

I looked inside the slip yoke and it appears a few splines (toward the very tip near the u Joint junction) are wavy. Is it best to try and file these down to get it on all the way?

Anyone know where to buy these, it is 4.75" overall (3" shaft) 17-Spline Yoke from a 1951. Looks like GM Part Number 5664154

Last edited by BobbyAlton; 10/02/2016 2:29 PM.