Unfortunately it did not fix it. Last night I got 10 minutes down the road and it quit at an intersection. I got out to push it off the road and a car came up behind me and starting blowing the horn! Apparently a huge inconvenience for the driver not to be able to go through that green light. I sat for about an hour and it finally started. When I got it off the road, (a couple of more considerate types stopped and helped push it) I popped the hood and noticed the outside of the carb is very wet with gas. During the down time, I took the distributor cap off and looked for a spark and there was one at the point contacts. I kept cranking it over with the cap off and the spark seemed to move away from the contacts and while I could see the light from a spark, I could not see the actual spark and it was dark outside. Almost looked like it was coming from under the flat plate of the distributor that the points and condenser attach to.
I am going to go through the spare carburetor that I have today.