Originally Posted by 69Cuda
Is your truck running and driveable? The cheapest (just to get it rolling) is probably a used set of wheels and tires off Craigslist. Then once you get the truck running and stopping and driveable, you can figure out your exact plans for it and get the right tire/wheel combination to fit your end goal. You would hate to by new tires for a project and if like me, it takes a fwe years to finish and now your tires are a number of years old, maybe have some overspray on them, and are starting to deteriorate!

No, not running. I am looking around on CL to find some tires and rims just for that purpose. I found some 6 lug 16 inch rims for a 41 Fleetwood. Will they work? Is any 6 lug pattern usable?

Originally Posted by Hookalatch
You might check with Les Schwab. Not sure if they still offer the service but they sandblasted and powder coated my rusty stock wheels inside and out. Can't remember the exact cost but it was between $25-30 per wheel and they came out perfect. That was less than most estimates I got for just sandblasting. Still look like new 7 years later. They shipped them up to Oregon to do them so don't know the cost from AZ if they still offer that. Its not something they advertise, you have to ask.

Thank you! I'll keep them in mind if I can't find anything locally.

Originally Posted by Maybellene
Ron and Ryan, you might consider checking with a local tire shop that specializes in eighteen wheelers. Most of these shops provide bead blasting and powder coating for the wheels of the big rigs and will do your rims for you. If they don't do it, they can probably refer you to a local shop that does. Some shops do the work in house, others send it out.

I have paid a low of $7.50 per wheel to a high of $25.00 to get this done at the big rig tire shops. They can also provide commercial heavy duty metal valve stems, which are much better than ones found in 'car' tire shops.

The shop that did the wheels for $7.50 had one color--white. That's what I wanted anyway. The $25.00 shop had a choice of various standard colors, all for the same price. They were also willing to do a custom color for an additional charge.

Good luck,

Matt

Thanks Matt! I see you are from AZ. Which shop(s) are you referring to?

Last edited by The Hill Boys; 09/15/2016 6:14 PM.

Ron and Ryan Hill
1952 Chevy 3100